Update: Deadline extended to 24/06/22
We are on the lookout for Industrial Design interns at in Earnest, starting in July/August 2022. The 4 to 6 month internship position will be paid, and will take place on-site at our studio. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and portfolio* (deadline for applications is Friday 24th June 2022).
Our purpose-driven approach nurtures ideas. Creating physical products that are for real people, designed around the planet they live on, considerate to how they are made and to what happens when they are no longer needed. This conscious approach is shared across categories, from medical devices and personal health products, to furniture and sporting equipment.
Our unique approach to projects requires a diverse range of skills. Our small studio size requires each team member to be resourceful, driven and passionate. The successful applicant(s) will be a proactive person with a positive attitude to become an integral team member.
- Applicants must be currently studying or recently graduated from Industrial Design, Product Design, Medical Design or associated 3rd level degree programmes
- No prior professional experience is required
Duties and responsibilities:
- Research – primary human centered research, inspiration & project direction
- Concept generation – excellent sketching abilities, sketch model making & communication of key ideas
- Design development – 2D (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) Design development & 3D (3D modelling and rendering)
- The role will involve general office duties as required
- The candidate should be efficient with their time and be prepared to join a dynamic and creative environment
* Application Process & Requirements:
- Application deadline: Friday June 24th 2022
- Email a cover letter, CV, and portfolio to email@example.com with subject “Internship Application”
- All attachments must be in PDF format and in total under 10MB. Any larger attachments will be automatically removed and not reviewed
- We are not looking at remote work for this role as this is a studio based position. All applicants must be available and legally permitted to work in Westport, Co.Mayo, Ireland
- Due to the volume of applications we can only reply to successful candidates – rest assured we review all portfolios received and will contact successful applicants